Job Posting - Triton College
Classification Title: Cataloger
Position Type: Classified
Department: Academic Success
Job Summary/Basic Function:
Responsible for all copy cataloging of print and non-print materials (using OCLC database), assigning Library of Congress (LC) call numbers and LC subject headings as needed.
- Search, verify, edit and catalog books (including books with accompanying software) using OCLC database, and forwards appropriate materials for original cataloging.
- Takes the lead on the processing of materials to be withdrawn from the Library's collection.
- Maintains the OCLC, I-Share, SILO and Union List of Serials databases.
- Responsible for McNaughton rental book collection.
- Responsible for the processing of interlibrary loans.
- Assists with the maintenance of the LCR catalogs and bibliographies and annual booklet listing periodical holdings.
- Assists with the acquisition and processing of LCR materials.
- Assumes responsibilities of the Director of Library Systems and Technical Services in his/her absence.
- Attends workshops offered by consortium on OCLC and the integrated library system (ILS).
- Occassionally supervises and trains hourly and student staff.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Associate Degree in Library Technology. Significant work experience and demonstrated competency may be substituted for formal education.
Prefer formal coursework in cataloging and classification. Prefer two years experience using Anglo-American cataloging rules, Library of Congress classification and subject headings and OCLC online cataloging.
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants:
All Candidates should apply On-Line. The posting is available at: https://jobopenings.triton.edu/applicants/jsp/shared/frameset/Frameset.jsp?time=1255458795869