Tuesday, April 17, 2007

LTA Love -- Another Award

On the same evening that Jeanné received her award, I was surprised and pleased to win the award for the Academic Library Staff Member of the Year. The nomination came from Mary Pergander, the Director of the Deerfield Public Library, who is the Chair of the LTA Advisory Committee, who generously recognized me for working to improve and grow the LTA Program. It was a wonderful evening to see and acknowledge many wonderful library staff members from all types of libraries. Besides myself, there are many people working on behalf of the College of Lake County LTA Program. Mary and the other members of the LTA Advisory Committee have all committed their time and expertise to changing and updating the curriculum. We enjoy the support of the dedicated Dean of Communication Arts, Dr. Jean Kartje. The short speech I gave expressed my appreciation not only for my colleagues and my committee, but also for the LTAs and the work that you do every day. If you would like to, you may view my speech at the same link as Jeanné's: http://www.whatsnewinlibraries.org/episode_96.aspx
Let's practice LTA Love!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home